Madeira Beach is what seasoned tourists and residents refer to as the original “Old Florida.” This quiet beach village is known for its absence of major businesses and tranquil environment. Madeira Beach’s natural beauty and colorful seascape makes this site a beautiful choice for perfect beach sunset weddings. Located on the waterfront at Johns Pass, this quaint turn-of-the-century fishing village is Pinellas County’s #1 tourist attraction.
Dolphin watching is also a great activity to be had at this location and would add a great touch for your ceremony and wedding photo backdrop during sunset!
Madeira beach is located between Clearwater Beach and St. Pete beach. Most access points on Madeira Beach have limited parking, so smaller weddings are suggested. Our Barefoot on The Beach package is very well suited for this. For under $1,000, it is a great deal. A few of the services included that we offer are:
Available 7 days a week
1. Professional wedding officiate
2. Customized ceremony – traditional, spiritual, or non-religious
3. Heart of roses altar or Hibiscus (heart-shaped or circle) made of silk flowers and scattered fresh flower petals – a sacred space in the sand for the bride and groom to stand inside during the ceremony
4. Unity sand ceremony – Two colors of sand are chosen, then the bride and groom each pour sand from individual bottles into one bottle to symbolize the couple’s unity. The bottle of sand is then a keepsake for the couple. If you want more participants in the sand ceremony just choose the extra colors (no extra charge).
5. Blessing stones – the bride and groom and any others attending the ceremony walk to the edge of the ocean and make a silent wish while tossing a pebble into the sea.
6. We take 100-200 photos and send you a CD with all the pictures in full resolution. Your CD comes with permission to make as many copies and prints as you would like.
7. Use of silk flowers for ceremony and pictures.
8. Certification and return of marriage license to Clerk of Court.
*Please ask about add-ons for an additional fee. *
John’s Pass Beach, featuring Archibald Park, is an enchanting site both you and your spouse will always remember, and will be memorable for your guests for years to come. This serene mixture of sea and snow- white sand makes for the perfect setting for wedding photos. Sunsets here mirror the sunsets along the West coast and offers ideal lighting conditions for evening ceremonies while the breeze starts to gently come in off the clear blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
*As of August 2017, there is a permit fee of $75. Specific Boardwalks are assigned according to availability by the City of Madeira Beach.
Madeira Beach can be very crowded on the weekends, so it can be hard to find parking, therefore, sunset and midweek (Monday – Thursday) are the best options for weddings at this location. Tom Steward Kitty Park has a few parking spots and a small pavilion. Please inquire for more information about this, and any other questions.
We look forward to being a part of your special day!